Initially, Lawan Angelique's mosaic work was Pique Assiette, using broken plates and similar media. (The name is said to come from the French pique-assiette, meaning “one who eats from others’ plates”). She also works in paper, mirror, glass, glass tile, and other media. Inspiration for her designs often comes from patterns found in nature.
Mosaics Photo Gallery
"Sometimes I have a subject in mind, and sometimes my designs take on a life of their own. The materials I use inspire me. My cloth heads are needle-sculpted with no underlying molds. The size of the piece usually dictates what medium I use."
Doll Art Photo Gallery
Lawan Angelique Doll Art has been featured in:
* The Doll by Contemporary Artists
* Anatomy of a Doll
* Designing the Doll
Galleries that have exhibited her work:
* The Arts and Science Museum in Macon, Georgia
* Spruill Gallery, Atlanta, GA
* The Museum of American Folk Art in New York City
* The Doll and Quilt Museum, San Jose, CA